Pearls of Exxcellence
SASGOG’s Pearls of Exxcellence (exxcellence.org) is a collection of documents that help Residents and Practicing ObGyn’s stay up to date on common conditions and their management. The Editorial Board continuously reviews, reaffirms and/or revises the library of articles to maintain relevant and up to date content.
Periodically the Editorial Board reaches out to find authors for new articles and major revisions to existing articles via the SASGOG website. All authors must be certified by ABOG and be members of SASGOG. If you are not a SASGOG member, you can join via the SASGOG Membership Page. If you are interested in contributing (or have questions), email pearls@SASGOG.org.
2021 Call for Authors
SASGOG is seeking authors for the following new Pearls of Exxcellence articles:
- Management of C-Section Ectopic Pregnancy (Gynecology)
- IUD in place during pregnancy (Office Practice)
- Cesarean delivery with deeply impacted head (Include intrapartum assessment of fetal position) (Obstetrics)
- Acute cardiovascular disease in pregnancy (Obstetrics)
- Management of lost subdermal contraceptive implant (Office Practice)
- Recurrent Bacterial Vaginitis (Office Practice)
- Addressing the role of microaggression in women’s health care settings (Office Practice)
- Physician guide to promoting equitable and socially just obstetric care.
Although some prior writing experience is preferred, we will look at all applications submitted. If the editors determine that a mentor may be of benefit to the potential author, we can assist authors in finding an appropriate mentor if they are unable to identify someone with significant experience that could assist them.
Click here to complete the online form. Deadline to apply is on or before May 15, 2021.
All authors must be certified by ABOG and be members of SASGOG. If you are not a SASGOG member, you can join on the SASGOG website.
If you are not familiar with the Pearls, the existing library can be found here.
If you are interested in contributing (or have questions), please email pearls@SASGOG.org.